Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change my tracfone voicemail to something I have recorded myself?

I just got my first cell phone and it is a tracfone. How can I change my voicemail to something that i recorded. it is a LG 225 camera phone, any answers might help. all the manual says to do is to hold down number 1 for 5 seconds and then the phone will help me from there but that doesn't work.How do I change my tracfone voicemail to something I have recorded myself?1) enable 'one key dialing' and try again (hold for 6 seconds...), if that doesn't work, call customer service with a land line, the pre-programmed phone number for you voice mail service may not be programmed in right.

OR

2) call your cell phone, don't pick it up, and when the voice mail comes up, press * (star) and follow the directions (I don't know if this works the first time but this is a great way to check your messages with a land line, after you set up - after *, you enter your pin, and you can listen to your messages and use other options like changing your message.)