Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change my voicemail message on my iPhone 3G?

I was told to press the %26quot;greeting%26quot; option in my voicemail option, but when I open my voicemail, it automatically calls 3 Mobile to listen to my voicemails. Not to change it.

It's annoying. Help?How do I change my voicemail message on my iPhone 3G?I have an iPhone 3GS running on an American network, so there might be slight differences between my phone and yours, but I believe the process for setting up your voicemail should be similar, and that you're on the right track. On my phone I select Phone from the bottom of the screen, then Voicemail, and Greeting.

http://s353.photobucket.com/albums/r375/…

(I used a virtual eraser over it so my numbers wouldn't show)

This is the screen that should then pull up:

http://s353.photobucket.com/albums/r375/…



When you hit the record button there isn't any kind of %26quot;begin speaking at the beep%26quot; message or anything. It immediately records right after pressing the button, and when you're finished you press stop. You then play the message, and if you're happy with it, you save it, and voila. This is the way it *should* work, but that doesn't mean it actually will work that way, and I'm sorry if this answer is completely redundant to what you already know and unhelpful.



If you can't get it to work, try to see if there is a forum board on the Apple website for Australia. I once Googled a problem I was having with my phone and found an answer on the forum within minutes.



You could also try to remotely change your voicemail by calling yourself if you've already set up the password to check your messages.



Good luck!!!!! : )