Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do you access voicemail on a Verizon cell phone?

I have a Verizon phone, and I have been trying in vain to access the voicemail on it. Although I know how to get to voicemail under the %26quot;messaging%26quot; tab on the menu, when I try to open it, it asks me to enter a password. I never set up any sort of password, nor was I told when when I bought the phone. Does anyone know how to figure out the password for voicemail, or change it?



Also, does anyone know how to change the outgoing message?How do you access voicemail on a Verizon cell phone?Don't listen to the guy above me. One it's not true. There is no %26quot;default%26quot; code because you have to set it up initially and even if there was it would take forever to figure it out that way. What you can do is log on to your %26quot;My Verizon%26quot; and change it there or call customer service or go in to a corporate Verizon store (not an authorized dealer) and they can reset it for you. Then your password will be your full 10 digit phone number. Once you access your voicemail just listen for the prompts to change it to something shorter and easier to remember. You can also change your outgoing message by accessing your voicemail and listening to the prompts.How do you access voicemail on a Verizon cell phone?The default password is a randomized 4-digit number. You can guess it by trial and error. Start by calling your voice mail, and when it prompts for the password, enter 0000. If that doesn't work, try 0001, 0002, etc. If you still haven't accessed your voice mail by 9999, try starting over with five digits.How do you access voicemail on a Verizon cell phone?The default password is the last 4 digits of your cell phone number. You can change the message, as soon as you get into your voice mail account.