Friday, September 23, 2011

A prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?

basicly, he sent me a voicemail to change the interview date, but the message before that went as follows (he was showing my voicemail to another employee, it's just of a cat meowing and I forgot to get rid of it):



manager: that's her answerin- that's her voicemail, thats fu**in great though!!

employee: well she's young

manager: this girl was born in 1987, she's 20 years old and has a funny cat on her answering machine

employee: (hesitates) oh well, ignore that

manager: (mutters) yeah,I'll just ig - *hangs up phone*



so, should I mention that I got the message and make it into a joke in the interview? or just leave it. he clearly thinks I am a child because of an answering message that I have just never removed and I'm afraid this will impact my chances of getting the job moreso than it has already done, but the way I see it is that you can't tell anything about how a person is as a worker from something as irrelevant as a voicemail!!



what do you think?A prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?i guess theres 2 ways to look at it



he is a prospective employer and the first impression of you was not what HE was expecting or liked, this could influence his decision to hire you



but then, its your voicemail why should you care what people think, its not rude or offensive, not your fault not everyone thinks its cutsey



i wouldnt like it but i wouldnt let it impair my judgement of your ability to do the job either if you came to me



if i were you? i would definately and subtly ley him know you heard him, without a doubt i would, be matter of fact about it, watch him squirm



good luck with the jobA prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?you could mention it.A prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?Honestly - LEAVE IT!!!

Its just gonna make him think your more immature if you bring it up. Let it go, and prove how mature and responsible by your actions in your interview. Best of Luck!! Once you get the job, then i would bring it up as a joke - after i had started a good relationship with him of courseA prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?i think it would be embarassing to him if you brought it up, and definetly wouldnt help your job chances..it is an interesting debate however...i would advise you take the cat off the answering machine tho, and put a more umm civilized, brief answering message IMMEDIATELY...however it may have seperated you from the rest of the pack, i would play up on your 'unique personality' at the interview..however im hooked now, you must tell us what happens..lolA prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?Mention it at the interview but change it into a joke, say something like your friend hates cats and you did it as a joke to wind her up, I am sure your potential employer will see the funny side of it too, the best of luck and hope you get the job.A prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?id personally see how the interview goes, if u get the vibe that your doing well and the posibility seems hight that you may land the job, then i wouldnt say anything untill you have yur feet firmly on the ground. if however they are being negative throgh out the interview then id throw it in their face and slag them off to their face and walk outA prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?make it into a joke....I would!!A prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?I would just forget it as he may get embarrassed and therefore not give you the job out of embarrassment.A prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?classic, go ahead and get the interview. I would love to see their faces when you tell them about what you heard.....



Just tell them that you are the cats meow, and then they'll hire you.A prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?i wouldn't make too much out of this, but if it bothers you that much then confront him....i didn't see anything in your question about them slagging you off so just let it go....A prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?I want to hear your voicemail now!!!!A prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?DO NOT say anything about what you heard before the interview. This would really mess with your chances of getting the job. I would let it go. But when you get home from the interview, change your message to something like %26quot;the cat's meow answering here, leave a message%26quot;...



Are you sure you want to work for someone who is possibly two faced and is talking to other employees about you? Think really long and hard about it, this may not be the job for you if the manager says mean things before he even meets you.



Best of luckA prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?He has probably forgotten all about this episode by now as he probably does it often.A prospective employer didn't hang up the phone when talking about me?see how the interview goes don't make your mind up that you haven't got the job.

go into the interview full of confidence, sell yourself give them lip service.

on your way out say oh by the way when you phoned me you forgot you to put your phone down i heard your little conversation with another work colleague sorry none of you appreciated my voice mail, then laugh.

good luck xx